Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY CRAFTS and Homeschooling

DIY CRAFTS and Homeschooling


Since we have transition into homeschooling, I have found my need for more do-it-yourself (DIY) crafts. I am constantly on the look out for more crafts for our art time as well as projects, and DIY gifts. I love them because it let's my creative juices flow all while engaging the kiddos. Plus 9/10 times I am creating the projects with items I have around the home. The freedom of a DIY craft also allows room for error - which is actually none. I can create whatever I want, however I want, even if it doesn't look like the picture. The picture serves as an idea creator, and a buster for me, not the absolute blueprint so I can tweek and change things as I so desire...even if it's by accident.


With that said, I would love to see pictures of the art work and projects you and your family have created. Send us a picture with some background on the project, how it came about, etc. and we'll post it here for you. Thanks in advance for sharing and don't forget to check out our facebook fan page for more delightful homeschooling tips, shopping and couponing tips, and much more for the benefit of your family.


Below is a picture of what I call my "Designer Pumpkin", I wish I could have my home designed in all white, with accents of black and another color... but hubby's not going for it with 2 young children...so I put my wish into my pumpkin. It's stylish and quite un-ordinary...which I LOVE! Enjoy and thanks in advance for showing us yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment