Thursday, September 22, 2011

The First 3 Weeks of HOMESCHOOLING

            Well, we have made it to the 3rd week of our official homeschool and things are going really well. Miss J is doing awesome in her studies. She is surpassing her 2nd grade curriculum and embracing the 3rd grade material with such a jest for knowledge it's contagious. Even the little one - Missy Le - is what we'll call her ...is loving her preschool curriculum. She has all her colors down back and can visually recognize her numbers from 1-5 and is even beginning to write them all out. I'm a proud mother... 


Now... here's the DON'T JUDGE ME moment of  it all. I had to go into survival mode after the 1st week. The excitement and newness wore off. 

The reality of it all and how much work it is trying to running businesses from home, teach 2 children under the age of 8, maintain the house - keeping it clean, and stalked with food from couponing, and finding the time to pop alone....is draining! Yes I admit it... some days I am wiped out and even serve fast food for dinners, I'm taking showers at 11am - trying to sneak one in, it gets so busy some time. AND I found a new place to hide...my walk in closet. I hide there, say a long prayer, shed a tear or 2 or even sneak 5 seconds of sleep. Then I come out - and ta da! All is well (at least for the next 15 minutes). So with that said - I'm adjusting. 

I love spending more time with the family, I love seeing the girls really grow and thrive in their work but I am frequently reminded just how much I am sacrificing for the girls - for my family overall... and at the end of day....that's what keeps me going and I know I will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment